Current COVID-19 Precautions for Worship
Thank you for your interest in attending on-site worship at Shadyside Presbyterian Church.
Presently, pre-registration is no longer required to attend worship.
To better prepare you for what to expect as you return to on-site worship, here are several key guidelines that have been put in place to minimize risk to those who wish to worship in person:
- While we all are eager to be together again, we acknowledge that each individual must carefully consider many factors in deciding whether to attend any in-person event. We strongly encourage everyone to demonstrate love and concern for our brothers and sisters in Christ by making choices that will protect their health and well-being, as well as your own. With that in mind, we advise you to continue to attend worship virtually in the following instances:
- You meet any criteria that place you at higher risk for severe illness as published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC);
- You do not feel well, or you have flu-like symptoms;
- You have had close contact with a person who has COVID-19 symptoms or with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 but is asymptomatic;
- You regularly come into contact with large crowds or greater numbers of people.
- Please take your temperature at home before leaving. The ushers will have a contactless thermometer if you forget to take your temperature. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher should worship virtually.
- Please maintain six feet of distance from others at all times.
- When entering, exiting, or moving throughout the church, face coverings should be worn over the noses and mouths of individuals who are two years old or older.
- Our seating capacity has been expanded by offering two different seating sections:
- The transepts will continue to offer socially distant seating, which we anticipate unvaccinated members may prefer. To maintain a safe area for those who are not vaccinated, we request those seated in these pews to remain masked throughout the service, regardless of vaccination status.
- The center sections of the nave will be completely open without restrictions; we anticipate many vaccinated members may be more comfortable selecting a seat in these pews. While seated in these pews, vaccinated individuals may remove their masks.
- You can drop off your pledge offering as you depart the sanctuary, or continue with mail-in contributions. Online giving also remains an option; please visit www.shadysidepres.org/give for details.
- The water fountains are disabled; please see an usher if you need a single-serving bottle of water.
- Restroom occupancy is restricted to one person at a time.
- There will be no nursery service and no in-person Christian education. Children’s chapel and adult education classes will continue to take place online only. Children should remain with their families at all times.
- Please know that the church is committed to following the COVID-19 protocols for cleaning and sanitizing the sanctuary, both before and after each service.
The church realizes that many of these changes are not what we would prefer; however, the health and safety of members and staff is of the highest priority. For those who are not yet comfortable returning, our live worship webcast will continue to be viewable online.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support during this transition, and please feel free to contact the church office should you have any questions.
Last updated: Wednesday, June 30, 2021, at 1:30 a.m.