Lent with Shadyside
An Invitation to a Season of Reflection
During Lent, we prepare for the coming Easter season by taking time to reflect. Lent is an invitation to be increasingly mindful of the commandments to love God and to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. Join us in person or online as we journey through this season which mirrors the forty days Jesus spent fasting and praying in the wilderness.
- Ash Wednesday: February 22 at 7:00 p.m.
- Worship on Sundays in Lent at 11:00 a.m. (February 26 through April 2)
- Christian Education for All Ages: Sundays at 9:45 a.m. (February 26 through April 2)
- Lenten Vespers continue on Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. (March 1 through 29)
- EECM Shelter Dinner: Monday, March 20, at 5:30 p.m.
- Palm Sunday Worship Service at 11:00 a.m. on April 2
- Easter Egg Hunt at 12:30 p.m. on April 2
- Maundy Thursday Communion Service at 7:00 p.m. on April 6
- Good Friday Service Led by Children and Youth at 10:00 a.m. on April 7
- Good Friday Service of Music and Readings at 7:00 p.m. on April 7
- The Resurrection of the Lord: Identical Easter Worship Services at 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 9
As part of our Easter celebration at Shadyside, the Board of Deacons is providing the opportunity for the placement of lilies in the Sanctuary during our services of worship on Easter Sunday, April 9. Learn more.
For even more seasonal opportunities, please visit our online calendar.
Read Rev. Shelley’s Lenten Message
Photograph: Detail of the “Easter Morn” art glass window in the north transept of Shadyside Presbyterian Church, received as a gift in connection with the church’s fiftieth anniversary celebration and dedicated in honor of the founders of the church. A gift of Mr. and Mrs. Wallace H. Rowe, the window was designed by the Gorham Company of New York, 1916. Photograph taken by Ellen L. Allston.