All the Light of Sacred Story
Lent at Shadyside
During the season of Lent, we journey with Jesus to the cross as we prepare to retell the sacred story of our Lord’s suffering, death, and resurrection. We find that God’s response to every darkness we face in the world is to enter into the darkness alongside us. We remember that the cross was a pivotal moment in redemption history, but it is not the end of the story. Christ still journeys with us through the darkness, ever leading us by His light into new life in the Triune God.
- Ash Wednesday: February 17 at 7:00 p.m. ONLINE ONLY
- Worship on Sundays in Lent at 11:00 a.m. (February 21 through March 28) ONLINE ONLY Learn more.
- Adult Christian Education Topical Study for Lent: Sundays at 9:30 a.m., beginning February 21 ONLINE ONLY
- Lenten Vespers continue on Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. (February 24 through March 24)
- Palm Sunday Worship Service at 11:00 a.m. on March 28 ONLINE ONLY
- Maundy Thursday Communion Service at 7:00 p.m. on April 1 ONLINE ONLY
- Good Friday Family Service at 10:00 a.m. on April 2 ONLINE ONLY
- Good Friday Tenebrae Service at 7:00 p.m. on April 2 ONLINE ONLY
- Easter Worship Service at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 4 ONLINE ONLY
For even more seasonal opportunities, please visit our online calendar.
Photograph: Detail of the “Easter Morn” art glass window in the north transept of Shadyside Presbyterian Church, received as a gift in connection with the church’s fiftieth anniversary celebration and dedicated in honor of the founders of the church. A gift of Mr. and Mrs. Wallace H. Rowe, the window was designed by the Gorham Company of New York, 1916. Photograph taken by Nick Conti.