Advent at Shadyside
November 27 through December 24, 2022
“Advent” means “coming” or “arrival.” During the season of Advent, we celebrate Christ’s coming into the world and watch with expectant hope for His coming again. In its historical origins, the season of Advent was patterned after the season of Lent, a six-week period of penitence and preparation for Easter. Similarly, the four weeks of Advent present an opportunity for communal discernment and personal examination, as the Church prepares to celebrate the Nativity of the Lord and looks with hope for Christ’s return.
- Sunday Morning Worship: Peace Be within You: Nov. 27 through Dec. 18, at 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary and Online
- Intergenerational Christian Education Study for Advent: Sundays, Nov. 27 through Dec. 18, from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. in the Parish Hall
- Vespers in Advent: Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary and Online (Table to Table at 6:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall)
- Mission Project:
- The Giving Tree: Sundays, Dec. 4 and 11, following worship; wrapped gifts due by noon on Mon., Dec. 19
- Choral Concerts:
- Community Open House: Sun., Dec. 11, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Service of Lessons and Carols: Sun., Dec. 18, at 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary and Online
- Christmas Eve Services of Worship:
- Christmas Day Service of Worship: Sun., Dec. 25, at 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary and Online
- Second Sunday of Christmas Service of Worship: Sun., Jan. 1, at 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary and Online
As part of our Christmas celebration at Shadyside, the Board of Deacons is providing the opportunity for the placement of poinsettias in the Sanctuary during the worship services on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Read more.
For even more seasonal opportunities, please visit our online calendar.