Shadyside Presbyterian Church’s Campus Ministry offers study, service, and fellowship for area college students. Congregants and students are invited to join in community to get to know one another through intergenerational fellowship opportunities.
Campus Ministry is led by Brytani Clifton (Chatham) and Rebecca Reeder (CMU), who serve area campuses in partnership with the Coalition for Christian Outreach (CCO) and SPC. The CCO’s vision is “transforming college students to transform the world.” The CCO calls students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives. Brytani and Rebecca work with SPC’s Campus Ministry Mission Action Community (MAC) to build bridges between the church and nearby universities.
Meet/Contact the Campus Ministry Staff
During the Academic Year
- Donut Society: College students are invited to share donuts and coffee while studying Scripture before worship. Come for community, study, and free food! Join us in the Walton Library at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday starting in September.
- On-Campus Fellowship Opportunities: Along with the ministry opportunities we have at Shadyside, we work with students and fellowships at CMU and Chatham to develop communities of faith.
- Transformative Opportunities: Venture with us off-campus to the annual Jubilee Conference hosted in Pittsburgh. We also occasionally participate in short-term mission trips with SPC’s International Partnerships MAC during spring break.
- Campus Ministry MAC Bridge Events: A few times each year, college students and SPC congregants are invited to join together for a fun social gathering to create bridges that nurture relationships between these two communities.
- Finals Cookie Handouts: During finals week, church members bake and distribute bags of treats to students at CMU and Chatham during a more intense time of study as a tangible expression of God’s love and grace to them.