Worship on Sunday, November 19, at 11:00 a.m., with Reception Following
The installation of the Reverend Dr. Rachel C. Hébert as Associate Pastor for Missions and Campus Ministry of Shadyside Presbyterian Church will be celebrated during the morning service of worship on Sunday, November 19.
The presbytery in which a newly-called minister serves conducts the installation. Mr. Mark Roth, Elder, East Liberty Presbyterian Church, will serve as Acting Moderator of the Pittsburgh Presbytery and will preside on November 19. In addition to the Moderator, the Reverend Dr. Hébert has asked the following individuals to serve as the administrative commission for her installation:
- Mr. Robert W. Anderson, Elder, Shadyside Presbyterian Church
- The Reverend S. Balajiedlang Khyllep, Associate Director of the World Mission Initiative of Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- The Reverend Jessica Rigel, Associate Pastor for Discipleship, Alamance Presbyterian Church in Greensboro, North Carolina
- The Reverend Austin Crenshaw Shelley, Senior Pastor, Shadyside Presbyterian Church
- Ms. Mary Margaret M. Stamy, Elder, Shadyside Presbyterian Church
- Ms. Ann Turnock, Elder and Congregational Care Assistant, Beulah Presbyterian Church
The Reverend Rigel will preach the sermon during the service.
Sunday, November 19, will be an important day in the life of our congregation, and it is altogether fitting that the observance of this auspicious occasion take place during our normal celebration of the Lord’s Day. An offering for the Oldman Fund, a scholarship for inquirers and candidates for ministry under the care of the Pittsburgh Presbytery, will be collected during worship. A reception will occur in the Parish Hall following the service.