- This event has passed.
Midweek Music Ministry (ONLINE)
February 3, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm EST
Shadyside Presbyterian Church’s Music Ministry presents a midweek program for the refreshment of your spirit!
Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m.
Beginning on January 6, 2021, Shadyside Presbyterian Church’s Music Ministry invites you to join us online on Wednesday evenings for a mini-series of musical programs curated by Mark A. Anderson, Artistic Director of the Music in a Great Space concert series. From Epiphany until Lent, enjoy the sounds of organ, piano, and other instrumentalists, as well as vocal soloists. Videos of these intimate presentations will be accessible to view on our Facebook page and YouTube channel.
The program for Wednesday, February 3, presents a Shadyside Musical Treasury, featuring music from the Shadyside Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir and an organ selection offered by Mark A. Anderson, Director of Music Ministry, along with a brief reflection from the Reverend Kendra L. Buckwalter Smith, Associate Pastor.
- “Partita: O God, What You Ordain Is Good,” composed by Johann Pachelbel, and offered by Mark A. Anderson, organ
- The following choral selections are offered by the Shadyside Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir:
- “How Lovely Is Thy Dwelling Place,” composed by Johannes Brahms
- “Be Still, My Soul,” composed by Percy Whitlock
- “Think About These Things,” composed by Nicholas White
- “The Light of Thy Salvation,” composed by Andrew Fletcher
Learn more about Music in a Great Space, the concert series at Shadyside Presbyterian Church.