- This event has passed.
Midweek Music Ministry (ONLINE)
August 26, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
Shadyside Presbyterian Church’s Music Ministry presents a midweek program for the refreshment of your spirit!
Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m.
Continuing in the month of August, Shadyside Presbyterian Church’s Music Ministry invites you to join us online on Wednesday evenings for a mini-series of musical programs curated by Mark A. Anderson, Artistic Director of the Music in a Great Space concert series. Throughout the summer, enjoy the sounds of organ, piano, harpsichord, and other instrumentalists, as well as vocal soloists singing in various virtual combinations. Videos of these intimate presentations will be accessible to view on our Facebook page and YouTube channel.
The program for Wednesday, August 26, includes the following selections, along with a brief reflection from the Reverend Todd E. Leach, Associate Pastor for Missions:
- “Jesus Said, Come unto Me,” composed by George Thalben-Ball, and offered by the Shadyside Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir
- “He Shall Feed His Flock,” from Messiah, composed by George Frideric Handel, and offered by Jennifer Saunders-LaRocco, soprano
- “Be Still, My Soul,” composed by Percy Whitlock, and offered by the Shadyside Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir
- “Come unto Me,” composed by Healey Willan, and offered by Gail Roup, soprano
- Psalm 100, composed by Heinrich Schütz, and offered by the Shadyside Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir
- “I Love Thee, My Lord,” composed by George Shearing, and offered by Justin M. Wallace, organ
- Four piano selections composed by Francis Poulenc, and offered by Ellen Fast, piano
- Novelette in C Major
- Improvisation No. 13 in A minor
- Improvisation No. 11 in B minor
- Improvisation No. 7 in C Major
Learn more about Music in a Great Space, the concert series at Shadyside Presbyterian Church.