- This event has passed.
Midweek Music Ministry (ONLINE)
July 15, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
Shadyside Presbyterian Church’s Music Ministry presents a midweek program for the refreshment of your spirit!
Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m.
Continuing in the month of July, Shadyside Presbyterian Church’s Music Ministry invites you to join us online on Wednesday evenings for a mini-series of musical programs curated by Mark A. Anderson, Artistic Director of the Music in a Great Space concert series. Throughout the summer, enjoy the sounds of organ, piano, harpsichord, and other instrumentalists, as well as vocal soloists singing in various virtual combinations. Videos of these intimate presentations will be accessible to view on our Facebook page and YouTube channel.
The program for Wednesday, July 15, includes the following selections, along with a brief reflection from the Reverend Lynn M. Portz, Associate Pastor for Parish Life:
- Soliloquy, composed by David Conte, and offered by Justin M. Wallace, organ
- “Dear Lord and Father of Mankind,” composed by Charles Hubert Hastings Parry, and offered by the Shadyside Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir
- May Song, Op. 1, no. 3, composed by Enrique Granados, and offered by Abigail Eagleson, piano
- “Rejoice in the Lord,” composed by Richard Lane, and offered by Timothy Stoddard, tenor
- “Think About These Things,” composed by Nicholas White, and offered by the Shadyside Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir
- “At the River,” arranged by Aaron Copland, and offered by Mark A. Boyle, tenor
- Hymn: “Christ Is Made the Sure Foundation,” setting composed by Mark A. Anderson (tune: Los Gatos), and offered by the Shadyside Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir and Congregation
Learn more about Music in a Great Space, the concert series at Shadyside Presbyterian Church.
- July 15, 2020
7:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
- Event Category:
- Shadyside Presbyterian Church
5121 Westminster Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15232 United States + Google Map
- (412) 682-4300
- View Venue Website