- This event has passed.
Midweek Music Ministry (ONLINE)
July 1, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
Shadyside Presbyterian Church’s Music Ministry presents a midweek program for the refreshment of your spirit!
Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m.
Continuing in the month of July, Shadyside Presbyterian Church’s Music Ministry invites you to join us online on Wednesday evenings for a mini-series of musical programs curated by Mark A. Anderson, Artistic Director of the Music in a Great Space concert series. Throughout the summer, enjoy the sounds of organ, piano, harpsichord, and other instrumentalists, as well as vocal soloists singing in various virtual combinations. Videos of these intimate presentations will be accessible to view on our Facebook page and YouTube channel.
The program for Wednesday, July 1, includes the following selections, along with a brief reflection from the Reverend Kendra L. Buckwalter Smith, Temporary Associate Pastor:
- “Fanfare for the Common Man,” composed by Aaron Copland, and offered by Mark A. Anderson, organ
- Hymn: “God of Our Fathers,” composed by George William Warren, and offered by the Shadyside Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir and Congregation
- “I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes,” composed by Leo Sowerby, and offered by Loghan Bazan Wright, mezzo-soprano
- “Let Us Adore the Ever-Living God,” composed by Joseph Willcox Jenkins, and offered by the Shadyside Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir
- “Alleluja,” from Exsultate, jubilate, composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and offered by Meghan DeWald Althouse, soprano
- “Hallelujah,” from Christ on the Mount of Olives, composed by Ludwig van Beethoven, and offered by the Shadyside Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir
- Overture (Adagio) from Music for the Royal Fireworks, composed by George Frideric Handel, and offered by Mark A. Anderson, organ
Learn more about Music in a Great Space, the concert series at Shadyside Presbyterian Church.
- July 1, 2020
7:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
- Event Category:
- Shadyside Presbyterian Church
5121 Westminster Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15232 United States + Google Map
- (412) 682-4300
- View Venue Website