- This event has passed.
Midweek Music Ministry (ONLINE)
June 17, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
Shadyside Presbyterian Church’s Music Ministry presents a midweek program for the refreshment of your spirit!
Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m.
Shadyside Presbyterian Church’s Music Ministry invites you to join us online on Wednesday evenings for a mini-series of musical programs curated by Mark A. Anderson, Artistic Director of the Music in a Great Space concert series. Throughout the summer, enjoy the sounds of organ, piano, harpsichord, and other instrumentalists, as well as vocal soloists singing in various virtual combinations. Videos of these intimate presentations will be accessible to view on our Facebook page and YouTube channel.
The program for Wednesday, June 17, includes the following selections, along with a brief reflection from the Reverend Kendra L. Buckwalter Smith, Temporary Associate Pastor:
- “Who’ll Be a Witness?” Traditional Spiritual, arranged by Wendell Whalum, and offered by the Shadyside Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir
- “Jesus, My Friend” Hymn Medley, arranged by Phillip Keveren, and offered by Abigail Eagleson, piano
- “Steal Away” Traditional Spiritual, arranged by Henry Thacker Burleigh, and offered by Loghan Bazan Wright, mezzo-soprano
- “Deep River” Traditional Spiritual, arranged by Anders Paulsson, and offered by the Shadyside Presbyterian Church Chancel Choir with Dušan Grubišic, tenor; Michael Tomaro, soprano saxophone; and Justin M. Wallace, piano
- “What a Friend We Have in Jesus,” arranged by William Bolcom, and offered by Justin M. Wallace, organ
Learn more about Music in a Great Space, the concert series at Shadyside Presbyterian Church.
- June 17, 2020
7:00 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
- Event Category:
- Shadyside Presbyterian Church
5121 Westminster Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15232 United States + Google Map
- (412) 682-4300
- View Venue Website