- This event has passed.
Hygiene Kit Collection for Ukraine
April 19 - April 29
Cooperative Effort with Brother’s Brother Foundation
Shadyside Presbyterian Church is collecting hygiene kits for those impacted by the crisis in Ukraine.
This cooperative effort of Allegheny County and the City of Pittsburgh will partner with Brother’s Brother Foundation to coordinate the collection and ship the kits to Ukraine.
Please find specific information below, including a checklist of items to include in each kit, or visit www.AlleghenyCounty.us/UkraineDonations for details. Printed checklists also are available at the church in the Narthex and Sharp Atrium. (Download a printable list in PDF format.) A basket has been placed in the Sharp Atrium for all donations, which must be received by Friday, April 29. Questions? Please contact the church office.
- Please collect the following items to assemble into a kit:
- (1) 1-Gallon Resealable Plastic Bag
- (1) Travel Size Deodorant (no larger than 3.4 ounces)
- (1) Travel Size Shampoo (no larger than 3.4 ounces)
- (1) Travel Size Conditioner (no larger than 3.4 ounces)
- (1) Travel Size Body Wash (no larger than 3.4 ounces)
- (1) Travel Size Lotion (no longer than 3.4 ounces)
- (1) Travel Size Hand Sanitizer (no larger than 3.4 ounces)
- (1) Regular Size Toothbrush
- (1) Travel Size Toothpaste (no larger than 3.4 ounces)
- (1) ChapStick (1.5 inches in length/ 0.5 inch in diameter)
- (1) Pack of Travel Size Flushable Wipes
- (1) Pack of Travel Size Tissues
- (2) Tampons
- (4) Sanitary Pads
Individual personal care items can also be donated, but kits are preferred.
- Use packing tape to secure the lids of the liquid items.
- Place in the resealable bag and zip it closed
- Drop off your donations at Shadyside Presbyterian Church (or find another approved collection site here)
Please do not donate old/used items or include powders, aerosols, money or personal notes.
FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS ARE ALSO BEING ACCEPTED:
- Credit card donations can be made at www.brothersbrother.org by choosing “Ukraine Relief” in the drop-down menu.
- Checks should be made payable to Brother’s Brother Foundation with “Ukraine Relief” noted in the memo field and sent to:
- Brother’s Brother Foundation
P.O. Box 645934
Pittsburgh, PA 15264-5257
- Brother’s Brother Foundation
MORE WAYS TO HELP:
Additionally, many Ukrainian churches in our region have their own donation drives and are accepting a variety of items, as well as monetary donations. For more information on their efforts, visit their individual websites, or contact the parishes:
Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church
730 Washington Avenue, Carnegie 15106
St. George Ukrainian Catholic Church
3455 California Avenue, Pittsburgh 15212
St. John the Baptist Byzantine Catholic Church
109 South 7th Street, Pittsburgh 15203
St. Mary the Dormition of the Birthgiver of God Ukrainian Orthodox Church
116 Ella Street, McKees Rocks 15136
St. Peter & St. Paul Ukrainian Orthodox Church
220 Mansfield Boulevard, Carnegie 15106
St. Vladimir Parish – Ukrainian Orthodox Church
73 South 18th Street, Pittsburgh 15203