- This event has passed.
September 24, 2017 @ 9:45 am - 10:45 am EDT
Christian Education Hour for all ages from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. Learn more.
Study Options for Adults:
On Sunday mornings, adults of all ages, including college students, are invited to gather in the Sharp Atrium at 9:30 a.m. for a time of fellowship and light refreshments. At 9:45 a.m., you may attend the study of your choice:
- Adult Bible Study in the Hulme Room
- Topical Book Study in the Craig Room
- Pastors’ Bible Study in the Chapel
Read full descriptions of these studies here.
A Note about the Great Race
Please be aware that the City of Pittsburgh Great Race occurs on Sunday, September 24. The church building is completely accessible during this event; however, you may save yourself some time and stress if you compare your Sunday morning travel route to the race route, which includes portions of Forbes, Fifth, and Morewood Avenues in Oakland and Squirrel Hill. Traffic closures along the course will be enforced during the morning, but all streets should be open to traffic by 11:00 a.m. If you have concerns, please check the map on the Great Race website and consider taking an alternate route next Sunday morning.
Additional details from the race organizers:
Street closings for both the 10K and 5K are divided into four separate zones. Zones C and D will be closed at 6:30 a.m. Zones A and B will close at 8:30 a.m. Each zone will re-open at different times. The schedules is as follows:
- Zone A: Start line on Beechwood Boulevard to Forbes and Morewood Avenues closed to traffic at 8:30 a.m., open to traffic approximately 10:00 a.m.
- Zone B: Forbes and Morewood to Fifth Avenue and Bigelow Boulevard will close to traffic at 8:30 a.m., open to traffic approximately 10:30 a.m.
- Zone C: Fifth Avenue and Bigelow Boulevard to Fifth Avenue and the newly constructed Oakland ramp to the Boulevard of the Allies will close to traffic at 6:30 a.m., open to traffic at approximately 10:45 a.m.
- Zone D: Fifth Avenue and the newly constructed Oakland ramp to the Boulevard of the Allies to Liberty Avenue will close to traffic at 6:30 a.m., open to traffic approximately 11:00 a.m.