Recommendations for Church Officers
The 2021 Representative Nominating Committee invites you to serve. How? By suggesting members of our church family to be considered to serve in the offices of elder, deacon, and trustee, as well as at-large member of the 2022 Representative Nominating Committee.
How do I recommend someone?
Submit your recommendations in writing by any of the following means:
- Complete the electronic form at the bottom of this page.
- Send an email message to Ruth Garrett in the church office: email@example.com.
- Brochures have been mailed to church members. Complete the form found in the brochure and mail it to the church office to the attention of the Representative Nominating Committee. If you would like to request a brochure, please contact the church office.
In order to be considered, recommendations must be submitted no later than Sunday, February 21, 2021.
You may also care to ask the person whom you wish to recommend about his or her willingness to serve as an officer or as an at-large member of the 2022 Representative Nominating Committee. However, it is not necessary that you receive permission to submit a recommendation. You may also wish to discuss your supporting comments with the individual. If you would like to be considered by the nominating committee, you are welcome to use the form to recommend yourself. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a member of the Representative Nominating Committee.
Are there guidelines to follow?
In considering persons to recommend, you may wish to reflect on the following:
- Is this person faithful in his/her attendance and commitment to the church?
- Does this person demonstrate Christian living in his/her daily life, within the family, at work in the community?
- Is this person involved in this congregation’s activities?
- Has this person demonstrated leadership ability through involvement in other community organizations or service at other churches?
- Can this person fulfill the requirements of the office, i.e., attend the meetings?
Consider in your recommendation the descriptions of the officer positions found here. Also consider references to leadership and qualifications from the Presbyterian Book of Order G-2.0104, G-2.02, and G-2.03, and scriptural references 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9. A copy of the Book of Order has been placed in the Walton Library for your reference and convenience, available by appointment only while COVID-19 countermeasures are in effect; or you may download a free PDF of the Book of Order from the PC(USA) website store here.
The 2021 Representative Nominating Committee:
Margaret A. Biddle; W. Dennis Bossick; Brian P. Davies; Elder Gail N. Jones, chair; Kathy Lash; Judith C. Matheny; Trustee JoAnn F. Patross; Deacon Garret B. Smith; and Elder J. Alexander Viehman