Recommendation for Church Officers
The 2020 Representative Nominating Committee invites you to serve. How? By suggesting members of our church family to be considered to serve in the offices of elder, deacon, and trustee, as well as at-large member of the 2021 Representative Nominating Committee.
How do I recommend someone?
Download the form in PDF format here. Complete a separate form for each person you wish to recommend for consideration. Additional forms are available in the Narthex and the Sharp Atrium. Please return forms no later than March 1, 2020.
Submit your recommendations in writing by any of the following means:
- Place it in the collection plate.
- Mail it to the church office to the attention of the Representative Nominating Committee.
- Give it to any person on the nominating committee or to a member of the church staff, who will see that it is given to the committee.
You may also care to ask the person whom you wish to recommend about his or her willingness to serve as an officer or as an at-large member of the 2021 Representative Nominating Committee. However, it is not necessary that you receive permission to submit a recommendation. You may also wish to discuss your supporting comments with the individual. If you would like to be considered by the nominating committee, you are welcome to use the form to recommend yourself. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a member of the Representative Nominating Committee.
Are there guidelines to follow?
In considering persons to recommend, you may wish to reflect on the following:
- Is this person faithful in his/her attendance and commitment to the church?
- Does this person demonstrate Christian living in his/her daily life, within the family, at work in the community?
- Is this person involved in this congregation’s activities?
- Has this person demonstrated leadership ability through involvement in other community organizations or service at other churches?
- Can this person fulfill the requirements of the office, i.e., attend the meetings?
Consider in your recommendation the descriptions of the officer positions found here. Also consider references to leadership and qualifications from the Presbyterian Book of Order G-2.0104, G-2.02, and G-2.03, and scriptural references 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9. A copy of the Book of Order has been placed in the Walton Library for your reference and convenience, or you may download a free PDF of the Book of Order from the PC(USA) website store here.
The 2020 Representative Nominating Committee:
Elder John E. B. Baldridge; Trustee Alexander G. Dick; Timothy C. Engleman; Elder Jason M. Huber, chair; Deacon Sherri P. Krofchik; Richard H. Potter; Janet B. Rohrer; Rachael W. Viehman; and Janet W. Wood