Sunday mornings from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m.
Led by Shadyside's pastors, Pittsburgh Theological Seminary professors, and seminary interns, classes include Biblical studies, church history, and topical/thematic exploration. Please refer to the bulletin calendar and The Church Mouse newsletter for specific topics and meeting locations. For additional information, please contact Ellen Allston, Director of Christian Education at 412-682-4300, ext. 119, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current and Upcoming Adult Education Offerings:
The WORD on the Street & the WORD in Our World: A Lenten Mission Study
The Mission and Urban Ministry Team will lead a six-week Christian education series through the Lenten season (March 9 through April 13). The series will be led with Bible studies and inspiring stories while showcasing a few of our local and international partnerships. Please consider joining the study to learn how your church is seeking God’s presence in our local and global communities. Each class will focus on one of our Mission Action Communities (MACs) and will meet at 9:45 a.m. in the Hulme Room.
- March 9: Special Events MAC, with guest Leon Haynes from Hosanna House: “Which commandment is the first of all?” Jesus answered, “... you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.” The second is this, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” (Mark 12:28-34)
- March 16: Community Kids MAC, with guest Jodie Moore from the Neighborhood Academy: But Jesus, aware of their inner thoughts, took a little child and put it by his side, and said to them, “Whoever welcomes this child in my name welcomes me ... .” (Luke 9:46-48)
- March 23: Campus Ministry MAC, with guest Nicole Shirk from the Coalition for Christian Outreach: Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:1-2)
- March 30: Hunger and Homelessness MAC, with guest Michael Stanton from Open Hand Ministries: “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink?’ ” (Matthew 25:34-40)
- April 6: International Partnerships MAC, with guest Paul Lundblad (via Skype) from Youth with a Mission (Sweden): “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit ... .” (Matthew 28:16-20)
- April 13: Community Partnerships MAC, with guest Joanne Cyganovich from Sojourner House: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:6-9)